CLASS DAYS AND TIMES LISTED BELOW
FMAC: Building Mind, Body and Spirit
We are still planning to have a ROCK AND ROLL Summer Camp starting June 1st ( or when the State of Florida permits us to begin ). Since we do not know the specifics yet..( How many children, can we go on field trips, social distances rules, etc.) we are taking refundable deposits now to apply to our camps. If we are allowed (say ) only 15 children per week, the first 15 that have paid their deposit will get that week. In the event your child CAN NOT ATTEND because of restrictions, your deposit will be cheerfully refunded.
You can also call in your deposit. Contact Ms. Sue @ (352) 516-7615 or call the school @ 352-4-383-0898 ( Leave a message, we will call you back!)
Camp Weeks ( as of now ) are as follows:
Week One: June 1 – June 5
_____Week Two: June 8 – June 12
_____Week Three: June 15 – June 19
_____Week Four June 22 – June 26
_____Week Five: June 29 – July 3
_____Week Six: July 6 – July 10
_____Week Seven: July 13 – July 17
_____Week Eight: July 20 – July 24
_____Week Nine: July 27 – July 31
We will keep you posted and up to date as to weeks, days and times
Two Weeks of Unlimited Classes for One Child or Adult for $20.00. Limit one Special per new student. Can not be used with any other offer. Also included is an Official FMAC Uniform. NEVER EXPIRES! You can also buy UP TO THREE as gifts
The Family Martial Arts Center…Welcomes You!!!
When the teacher asks the children, “What is the biggest room in the world?” the well-trained students will respond, “The room for improvement”. The Family Martial Arts Center Curriculum was born out of the idea that there is room for improvement in how we teach the martial arts to children. There are many benefits derived from the long-term study of the martial arts. It is estimated that ninety percent of the children who enroll in martial arts classes fail to continue their study to the rank of first-degree black belt. Self-discipline and perseverance are exactly what we teach. These goals can be accomplished when our students continue lessons.
The FMAC Curriculum was designed to be fun for children, as well as enrich their lives with unique benefits. In developing the curriculum we asked ourselves, “what do children in today’s world really need and how can martial arts fulfill those needs?” The Curriculum is diverse in its approach to nurture, entertain and motivate children. We also designed it to be easy, but challenging, to learn.
The curriculum serves as a foundation to teach and build basic skills. It is a tool to help students learn with a fun, effective and educational approach. It contains lessons in intensity, manners, anger management, non-violent conflict resolution, anatomy and physiology, history, goal setting, public speaking, and team building. We call this approach to balancing education and technique an “edutainment-based curriculum”. Our number-one priority on the list is life skills education for children participating in our programs. After all, it is today’s young students who will carry the martial arts and its potential for self-improvement, empowerment and personal transformation into the future.
Adults, too, benefit from martial arts. The following “Top Five Reasons” should bring everything into focus for you.
1. The Family Martial Arts Center helps You Lose Weight: You can expect major changes in your body with our classes. You’ll burn tons of calories, build muscle, and in general, get your metabolism kicked into high gear. Our workouts are a great way to help you shed those unwanted pounds. Additionally, you’ll reshape your body. Your arms, legs and waistline are going to become more toned. . .stick with it long enough and you may even develop those six pack abs everyone longs for!
2. The Family Martial Arts Center improves Your Health: Our Karate Lessons will dramatically improve your cardiovascular health. Your resting heart rate will come down and your ability to maintain an increased heart rate will increase. You’ll breathe better, sleep better, and even feel an increase in energy and effectiveness all day long. You may even discover you’re more resistant to colds and flu. Plus, even when you do become sick your recovery time will be better than ever.
3. The Family Martial Arts Center Instills Positive Attitude: Our programs are designed to be positive and inspirational. We’ll keep you motivated and thinking
about progress and goals. Our staff and students are all success oriented and focused on looking for the good in all situations. You can expect to go home from class with renewed vigor and enthusiasm.
4. The Family Martial Arts Center develops Self-Confidence: It’s true; adults who take Karate Lessons from The Family Martial Arts Center develop better self-confidence. You’ll be encouraged to take chances, to push yourself further that you ever thought possible. The success you experience through our program teaches you that you can be successful at anything if you truly believe you can. Improved confidence leads to better performance at work, a better circle of friends, better performance in sports and in extracurricular activities in general. Your improved self-confidence will help you deal with all of life’s challenges with a more positive outlook.
5. The Family Martial Arts Center teaches Self-Defense: The Family Martial Arts Center teaches two forms of self-defense. One is physical – you will improve your strength, flexibility and overall health. Additionally, you will learn to strike with tremendous power and effectiveness. Hopefully, you will never need to fight . . . but should the occasion arise, shouldn’t everyone know how to protect themselves? The second form of self-defense Karate Lessons taught at The Family Martial Arts Center is internal. Out students learn to spot danger and avoid dangerous people, places and activities. Karate Lessons can help you avoid the need for a physical confrontation. This second form of self-defense is perhaps the more valuable of the two.
And finally, our school centers on developing Mind, Body and Spirit. For that reason you will also find information on Nutrition in our curriculum. Needless to say, without proper nutrition all three could never operate in harmony, and all out our students are encouraged to address their eating habits in order to reach the maximum health benefits that they desire.
I’m glad you made the decision to train with us. The journey to Black Belt does indeed start with a single step.
Master Gary Wayne, 7th Dan, Master Instructor
For our current GROUPON specials please click button below
Looking for a fun place for your child to be during the summer?? Well that would be US! In addition to your child learning martial arts ( Yes..we have lots of classes during the summer ) they also get to go on AWESOME LEARNING EXPERIENCES! Last year we went to ( in no particular order ) The Daytona International Speedway, Dave and Busters, Del Leon Springs, Sky Zone, Jungle Zone, saw 1st run movies, Bowling Tournament, Hiked through Natural Florida trails, visited Extended Care Facilities and gave demos, created our own t-shirts, AND A WHOLE BUNCH MORE!
Oh yes...we have been running SUMMER CAMPS since 1995!
E-mail us at mtdorakarate.com for more info!
The Family Martial Arts Center since 2012 has produced over Sixty KICKUSA State and National Champions. Our Tournament Team is open to ANY STUDENT! We highlight Giovanna Sciulli here. This young lady has an impressive resume:
2017 State, National and World Elite Champion in Open Weapons
2018 State Champion in Open Weapons
2019 State Champion in Black Belt Traditional Forms
2017 FMAC Competitor of the Year
2019 FMAC Competitor of the Year
2020 FMAC Competitor of the Decade
and she is a 2nd Recommended Black Belt
This could be YOUR CHILD!
Open to everyone! Fun and Exciting Martial Arts games and Drills. No experience is necessary. No uniform is required.
Kicking, punching and blocking drills in addition to LOTS of other really cool martial arts drills.
Kicking, punching and blocking drills in addition to LOTS of other really cool martial arts drills. M
First come first served! We can set up a personal one on one ZOOM meeting. Please e-mail Master Wayne at mtdorakarate.com for available days/times
Hey this is new to us too! We will keep you up to dates with e-mails...so PLEASE check your inbox. If you don't receive our e-mails send us a request at email@example.com and we will add you right away!